- Achieve sales and strategic product goals based on key company initiatives.
- Develop good working relationships with various departments within the company.
- Work with Team Leader to build and implement customer business plans.
- Conduct product training with customers and identified growers.
- Maintain an updated database of customers, prospects, influencers, and growers.
- Utilize company’s CRM system as tool to increase sales and customer satisfaction.
- Identify and conduct field demonstrations for use to grow product and category awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related agricultural discipline preferred
- 0-5 years of sales/marketing experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and computer/ presentation skills required
- Ability to travel overnight required
Expected Contributions and Results:
- Attainment of business plan goals
- Achievement of net contribution and strategic product goals
- Achievement of new customer acquisition goals
- Meets minimum requirement of Information Management/account base activity reporting
- Effectiveness of working relationships with management team, field sales peers and technical managers, marketing, customer service and others at the company, which includes communication, cooperation and team effort
- Embodiment of the company’s core values
- Team Leader, Agriculture Sales
Works With (additional guidance from):
- Product Manager(s)
- Marketing & Communication Specialist
- Ag Sales Manager
- Vice President, Product Development
The Sales Representative, Agriculture Sales may lead to assignments within the company as:
- Strategic Account Manager and Sales Team Leader, Agriculture
- Ag Sales Manager
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Work is partially performed in an indoor office setting with extended periods at a computer sitting or standing.
- Physical effort is needed to move, lift, or carry office equipment or supplies.
- Occasionally lift 10-15 lbs.
- Use of computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Putting up plot signs.
- Walking through fields or customer warehouse / operations
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) company match
- Two weeks paid time off and five personal days to start as well as paid holidays